3333 Manning Ave
Los Angeles CA 90064
LIFE ENRICHMENT /ACTIVITY ASSISTANT
Assist in conducting a therapeutic activities program that reflects the interest, values and beliefs of the residents of Nazareth House Los Angeles. Provide life enriching opportunities for resident and the Nazareth House community in accordance with established policies and procedures; and as directed by supervisor.
- Assists Life Enrichment Manager in implementing, planning, and scheduling activities and innovative programs.
- Facilitates socialization among the residents.
- Invites / encourages residents to participate in planned activities.
- Conducts / leads activities.
- Help implement decoration of the community for special events, seasons and holidays.
- Chaperones activities outside the community.
Education / Training:
- A High school Diploma / GED Diploma. Recreation therapist certification preferred.
- Previous experience in activity planning with older adults or a willingness to learn. Must have a genuine interest in working with older adults.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function as a responsible person, have flexibility, [personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Position requires proficient interpersonal and communication skills; moderate reading, writing and grammar skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, lift, reach and push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Moves intermittently during working hours and subject to frequent interruptions. May be subject to emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
Jodi Kanowitz, Executive Director