An exciting opportunity has come up in our care home in Crosby for a Activities Co-ordinator role. The main responsibility of this role is to provide a structured varied daily programme of activities for our residents.
Hours and Pay: 32.5 hours per week – £10.50 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the General Manager to ensure that the social need of individual residents are met
- Ensure that activities are carried out in all areas of the home i.e. the lounges on all floors, the garden, dining room, bedrooms for one to one, and walks outside the home
- Provide an environment where residents have the opportunity to pursue activities of their choice and range of abilities and which help to retain abilities
- Promote health and safety by ensuring that residents physical needs are understood and met throughout the activity sessions
- Develop and maintain links with Residents and their visitors
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent working towards level 3
- Previous experience as an activities person is desirable
- Good communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work well within a team
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues.
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.