An exciting opportunity has come up in our care home in Finchley for an Activities Co-ordinator. The main responsibility of this role is to provide a structured varied daily programme of activities for our residents.
Hours and Pay: 35 hours per week – £9.52 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work under the direction of the General Manager to ensure that the social need of individual residents are met
· Ensure that activities are carried out in all areas of the home i.e. the lounges on all floors, the garden, dining room, bedrooms for one to one, and walks outside the home
· Provide an environment where residents have the opportunity to pursue activities of their choice and range of abilities and which help to retain abilities
· Promote health and safety by ensuring that residents physical needs are understood and met throughout the activity sessions
· Develop and maintain links with Residents and their visitors
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent working towards level 3
· Previous experience as an activities person is desirable
· Good communication skills
· The ability to prioritise tasks
· Flexible approach
· Ability to work well within a team
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Breaks
· Free Parking
· Long service recognition – Increased holiday entitlement
· Access to Blue Light Card
· Access to Employee Assistance Program
All post offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Recently the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the Regulations) which amended on 22 July 2021 and come into force on 11 November 2021 that anyone directly employed to work in a Care Home or who are required as part of their role to be deployed to a CQC registered care home are required to have had both their COVID vaccinations, unless they are exempt. This is therefore a requirement of this role and will form part of our pre-employment checks.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.