We have opportunities at our care home in Bonnyrigg for Care Assistant roles for Bank Shifts. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Our Bonnyrigg care home is a small 35 bed residential home with a good bus service every 20 to 30 min from city of Edinburgh approximately 30 min travel time.
Hours and Pay: Bank Shifts – £9.50 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To ensure each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care to include washing, dressing and assisting residents in all aspects of daily living as required.
· To participate with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs. To include appropriate liaison with senior and relevant staff.
· Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
· To assist as directed, in the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences in accordance with Nazareth Care Charitable Trust policies.
· To perform any other duties as may reasonably be required.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· A relevant SVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to undertake training to achieve an SVQ Level 2 qualification
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
· Long service recognition – Increased holiday entitlement
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Breaks
· Free Parking
· Access to Blue Light Card
· Access to Employee Assistance Program
· Enhanced Overtime Rates
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced PVG.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.