We have opportunities at our care home in Cheltenham for Care Assistant roles. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay:
36 hours per week – Day and Night Shifts Available – £8.91 per hour (enhanced rates for weekend shifts)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To ensure each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care to include washing, dressing and assisting residents in all aspects of daily living as required.
· To participate with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs. To include appropriate liaison with senior and relevant staff.
· Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
· To assist as directed, in the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences in accordance with Nazareth Care Charitable Trust policies.
· To perform any other duties as may reasonably be required.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to undertake training to achieve an NVQ Level 2 qualification
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
· Long service recognition – Increased holiday entitlement
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Breaks
· Free Parking
· Enhanced Overtime Rates
· Access to Blue Light Card
· Access to Employee Assistance Program
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS.
Important Notice: Recently the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the Regulations) which amended on 22 July 2021 and come into force on 11 November 2021 that anyone directly employed to work in a Care Home or who are required as part of their role to be deployed to a CQC registered care home are required to have had both their COVID vaccinations, unless they are exempt. This is therefore a requirement of this role and will form part of our pre-employment checks.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.