We have a opportunity at our care home in Lancaster for a Care Assistant role. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay: Part Time and Full Time Hours Available – Night Shifts – £9.72 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care to include washing, dressing and assisting residents in all aspects of daily living as required.
- To participate with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs. To include appropriate liaison with senior and relevant staff.
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
- To assist as directed, in the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences in accordance with Nazareth Care Charitable Trust policies.
- To perform any other duties as may reasonably be required.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to undertake training to achieve an NVQ Level 2 qualification
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.