We have an opportunity for a Cook position at our Day Nursery in Lancaster. You will be solely responsible for providing healthy, diverse, and delicious meals for young children on a daily basis. Development of seasonal menus, allergy awareness and good food hygiene will all form part of your skills set, as well as dealing with suppliers and ordering on a daily and weekly basis.
The applicant will be required to work under own initiative, work well with the nursery manager and should be able to maintain the kitchen to a high standard.
Hours and Pay: 20 hours per week – £9.11 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare, cook and serve healthy and nutritious meals and snacks appropriate for young children
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
- Participate in general kitchen duties as required
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Food Safety Level 2 qualification or above
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- Have a good understanding of food allergies, various dietary requirements and the ability to plan appropriate menus
- Good communication skills
- Have a flexible approach
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have good time management skills
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Breaks
- Free Parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.