We have an opportunity for a Cook position at our care home in Cheltenham.
Hours and Pay: 22.5 hours per week – £10.72 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and cook food in accordance with food hygiene regulations
- To be involved with the preparation and serving of all meals
- Participate in general kitchen duties as required
- To ensure high standard of hygiene and cleanliness are adhered to and maintained at all times within the kitchen
- You will support the Catering Manager to operate the kitchen effectively and efficiently working within a budget
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Food Safety Level 2 qualification or above
- Good communication skills
- Have a flexible approach
- Ability to supervise, lead and develop staff
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have good time management skills
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues.
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.