We have an opportunity for a Cook position at our care home in Manchester. The main role is to undertake responsibility for all aspects of the organisation of the Catering services within Nazareth House in an effective and professional manner.
Hours and Pay: 40 hours per week – £9.19 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
· To prepare and cook food in accordance with food hygiene regulations
· To be involved with the preparation and serving of all meals
· You will support the Catering Manager to operate the kitchen effectively and efficiently working within a budget
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· Food Safety Level 2 qualification or above
· Good communication skills
· Have a flexible approach
· Ability to supervise, lead and develop staff
· Ability to prioritise tasks and have good time management skills
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Breaks
· Free Parking
· Access to Blue Light Card
· Access to Employee Assistance Program
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Recently the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the Regulations) which amended on 22 July 2021 and come into force on 11 November 2021 that anyone directly employed to work in a Care Home or who are required as part of their role to be deployed to a CQC registered care home are required to have had both their COVID vaccinations, unless they are exempt. This is therefore a requirement of this role and will form part of our pre-employment checks.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.