The post holder will be responsible for achieving the highest possible standards of childcare and development through competent leadership and development of nursery staff and the use of other resources in a proficient manner. To achieve compliance with OFSTED and other relevant legislation. The post holder will support the General Manager (Nursery) in the administration and management of the nursery and taking overall charge in the absence of the General Manager.
Responsible for ensuring that Nazareth House Mission Alive core values are incorporated into all aspects of nursery work. The post holder will act as a key worker to a group of children in the nursery.
Hours and Pay: 37.5 Hours per week – Competitive Salary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Nursery General Manager in the overall management of the nursery and support the Nursery General Manager in the implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Ensure an effective communication system within the nursery and that all staff members work as a team and arrange appropriate meetings.
- Ensure that all staff is aware of Child Protection Policies and that all Child Protection issues are reported to the Nursery Manager and Regional Team.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of requirements for OFSTED Inspections and assist the Nursery Manager with action plans for improvement.
- Ensure a happy, stimulating, and caring environment for all the children.
- Conduct monthly Audit on, Environment, Health & Safety, Accidents, Incidents and maintain records for Inspection.
- To assist in implementing and monitoring of the Early Years Foundation within the Nursery.
- Monitor and Audit childcare matters and supervise nursery staff to ensure Best Practice.
- Supervise the admission of new children and supervise the completion of the appropriate documentation on file and Caresys.
- Monitor that stock levels of disposables and other items are maintained as needed.
- and maintain effective records.
- To undertake other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Nursery Manager to continue the smooth running of the Nursery.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- N.E.B. BTEC or equivalent qualification and a management qualification
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- Flexible approach
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Computer literate – able to use Microsoft Office Tools
- Previous Childcare/Nursery experience
- Sound working knowledge of Ofsted and other relevant legislation
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to supervise, lead and develop staff
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
All post offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.