An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at our Residential Care Home in Lancaster as Deputy Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the General Manager in the day to day operation of the service and deputise as directed in their absence.
Hours and Pay: Full Time (40 hours per week) – Competitive Salary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will oversee and assist every aspect of care and activities within the home, including developing and updating care plans and maintaining clear, accurate medication records.
- You’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required.
- Share your clinical experience, provide valuable support, guidance and assistance to the rest of the care staff.
- Create and develop strong relationships with key partners in the community, you will play an important role in strengthening our brand and raising the care home’s profile.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- You will have a minimum level 3 NVQ Qualification working towards level 5.
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents.
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Breaks
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Regional Team and Area Manager
- Free parking
All posts offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and application below.