An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at our Residential Care Home in Crosby as Deputy Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the General Manager in the day to day operation of the service and deputise as directed in their absence.
Hours and Pay: Full Time – Competitive Salary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will oversee and assist every aspect of care and activities within the home, including developing and updating care plans and maintaining clear, accurate medication records.
- You’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required.
- Share your clinical experience, provide valuable support, guidance and assistance to the rest of the care staff.
- Create and develop strong relationships with key partners in the community, you will play an important role in strengthening our brand and raising the care home’s profile.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- You will have a minimum level 3 NVQ Qualification working towards level 5.
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents.
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues.
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.