An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at our Care Home in Manchester as a Head of Care / Deputy Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the General Manager and act as Manager in the absence of the General Manager. You will support with the overall management of the home, whilst also promoting and maintaining the highest quality of service for our residents through development of person centred care plans.
You’ll be equipped with a current NMC registration and evidence of continued professional development alongside a teaching and mentor or supervision qualification. You also have plenty of experience of working with older people.
Hours and Pay: Full Time – £39,520 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Free parking
- Induction and training provided
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Breaks
- Long service recognition – Increased holiday entitlement
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Regional Team and Area Manager
All posts offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and application below.