An exciting opportunity to work as a Laundry Assistant in our care home in Finchley. You will work part of a friendly team, where you will be responsible for carrying out all laundry duties.
Hours and Pay: 40 hours per week – £8.91 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of laundry within the home
- Keeping our residents’ clothing looking and feeling great, you will be responsible for washing, drying, ironing and repairing items as needed
- You will maintain linen stocks for day to day use
- You will take real pride in ensuring your work is always completed to the highest standard
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Experience of working within a similar domestic environment and have good knowledge of Health & Safety
- You be an effective team player and be able to work as part of a team
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues.
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.