3333 Manning Ave
Los Angeles CA 90064
Plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operations of the department, its maintenance programs and activities. Assures room readiness prior to all resident move-ins and maintains a preventive maintenance program for the community.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and direct the Maintenance Services Department, maintenance programs, and activities.
- Assumes the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the Maintenance Services Department.
- Inspects storage rooms, utility / janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Participates in community surveys (inspections) made by authorized / government agencies.
- Develops a preventative maintenance program for the Community.
- Determines departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the Maintenance Services Department’s needs.
- Assists in recruitment, retention, and selection of maintenance service personnel.
- Schedules department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, cleaning schedules, etc., to expedite work.
- Ensures that departmental disciplinary action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion, handicap, or marital status.
- Makes daily rounds to assure that environmental services personnel are performing required duties and to assure that appropriate environmental services procures are being rendered to the needs of the Community.
Conducts departmental performance evaluations in accordance with the Community’s policies and procedures
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education / Training
High School diploma or equivalency diploma (GED) required. A College degree is helpful. A valid California driver’s license is required.
Two years supervisory experience in building maintenance with knowledge of HVAC systems, compressors, generator, various mechanical, electronic and plumbing systems preferred. Reading and interpreting blueprints / design plans desirable.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Position requires proficient interpersonal and communication skills; good English reading, writing, and grammar skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoops, sit, stand, lift, reach, and push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Nazareth House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion / creed, age, sex, national origin, citizen status, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: NHLA Maintenance Director