We require an experienced qualified Early Years Practitioner/Nursery Officer to cover Maternity Leave within a happy and dedicated well established nursery team. The main responsibility of this role is to provide a caring service in the welfare of individual children effectively, safely and to a high standard.
Hours and Pay: 22.5 Hours per week – £8.27 per hour
To apply for this role you will be passionate about working with children, watching them develop under your care within a reputable nursery.
You will be a driven and committed individual with a child centred approach with a minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years education or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities to the under-fives and be flexible in the age ranges they work with.
The nursery is a busy and exciting environment with a fantastic outside area. Candidates must therefore be energetic and enthusiastic.
The positions hours of work will be discussed on interview, although flexible working hours are desirable as you may be asked to cover early or late shifts. However, if you would like more information before applying please contact the nursery directly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure a warm, safe and stimulating environment throughout the day
- Plan, organise and participate in the provision and supervision of a wide range of play activities both in and out of doors
- Observe and monitor children’s progress
- Record and update children’s progress and development and liaise with parent/carer on a regular basis maintaining effective working relationships
- To operate the “Key Worker” system and establish positive relationships with key children and their parents/carers.
- To encourage children to be self-motivated, eager to experience the world and self-confidence to play and learn together co-operatively.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Level 3 NNEB, BTEC or equivalent qualification in Childcare
- Previous experience in a busy nursery setting is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks
- Flexible approach
- Can work well within a team and individually
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Paid Breaks
- Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
All posts offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.