3333 Manning Ave
Los Angeles CA 90064
Direct business office activities in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations as directed by the Executive Director. Assure that proper procedures are maintained at all times in accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledgers and other required spreadsheets to track or create information needed for business operations.
- Assumes administrative authority, responsibility, accountability to perform all accounts receivable and accounts payable operations of the community according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains Accounts Receivable: invoice customers, post payment of invoices, track routine and miscellaneous services for which residents, employees or vendors should be billed or credited, deposit invoiced payments at bank.
- Follows established procedures for all collection efforts, and provides appropriate follow-up documentation
- Insures timely posting of all cash receipts and maintains a manual log of said receipts.
- Establishes and maintains accurate, complete financial files for each resident; all financial reports, and supporting documentation. Interacts with residents and their families, acknowledging concerns and / or solving problems related to finances.
- Performs month end closing procedures and billing functions.
- Maintains Accounts Payable: reviews bills for accuracy and timelessness of payment; pays vendors authorized by Executive Director following policies and procedures.
- Maintains payroll processing: calculates hours of employees’ time cards and post adjustments, provides hours and other reports as directed by Executive Director.
- Human resources: handles new hire paperwork, ensures all state and / or federal mandated hiring procedures are followed; ensures all state mandated continuing education is completed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education / Training
Bachelor’s degree / Business College preferred; with advanced knowledge of accounting / bookkeeping. Experience in accounting software preferred.
Minimum of two years’ experience in billing, collections and accounts receivable process on an automated billing system required.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Position requires proficient English reading, writing, and grammar; organizational and mathematical skill; proficient interpersonal relations communicative skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoops, sit, stand, lift, reach, and push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Nazareth House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion / creed, age, sex, national origin, citizen status, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: NHLA Business Office Manager