We have an opportunity at our care home in Bonnyrigg for a Senior Care Assistant role. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay: 36 hours per week – Day Shifts – £10.40 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
· Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
· To administer prescribed medication to residents following the home’s policy and procedure
· To lead, motivate and support care staff
· To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences
· To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Physiotherapy, Hospitals, etc.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· Essential – A relevant SVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent held for a minimum of 1 year
· Desirable – A relevant SVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
· Have the ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
· Paid Holidays
· Free Parking
· Access to Blue Light Card
· Access to Employee Assistance Program
· Enhanced Overtime Rates
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and a PVG disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.