We have an opportunity at our care home in Finchley for a Senior Care Assistant role. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay: 40 Hours per week – Day Shifts – £9.85 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
- To administer prescribed medication to residents following the home’s policy and procedure
- To lead, motivate and support care staff
- To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences
- To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Physiotherapy, Hospitals, etc.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Essential – A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent held for a minimum of 1 year
- Desirable – A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
- Have the ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Breaks
- Free Parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.