We have an opportunity at our care home in Lancaster for a Senior Care Assistant role. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay: Full Time – Night Shifts – £11.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
- To administer prescribed medication to residents following the home’s policy and procedure
- To lead, motivate and support care staff
- To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences
- To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Physiotherapy, Hospitals, etc.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Essential – A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent held for a minimum of 1 year
- Desirable – A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
- Have the ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- We will pay for your DBS disclosure certificate
- Induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Access to Blue Light Card – discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Pension contributions
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Legislation has now come into force from 11 November 2021, anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (Covid-19), unless they are medically exempt.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.