The Archive holds a wealth of historical documents, including record books, registers and photographs, relating to the work of the Sisters throughout the world. Our holdings date from the very beginnings of the order in the 1850s to the present day.
Over the years the Archive has proved to be a valuable resource for Sisters in the Congregation, former residents, family historians and academic researchers.
We welcome enquiries and always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Relations between the Congregation and the Holy See
- Important historical documents regarding the foundation of the order
The Mother Foundress, Mother St. Basil
Books of Rule and Constitutions of the Order
General Government and Administration
- Material relating to General Chapters
- Superiors General since 1878
- General Council Minute Books
- Sisters’ Registers
Regional Government and Administration
- Minutes and other material related to regions of the Congregation
Local Communities and Apostolates
- Documents regarding the foundation of individual houses
- Contemporary histories for some houses in England, Scotland and Wales
- Children’s registers for houses in England, Scotland and Wales (excluding Manchester)
- Residents’ registers for some closed houses
- Biographical information and employment details
- Photos of buildings, sisters and others
How to access this information, please click here.