On Tuesday 22 May we held a morning tea to raise funds for the Cancer Council. Thanks to all who came, cooked, entertained or bought raffle tickets, we raised $1200!
What $1200 can do:
- Provide 1,333 information packs on treatments and practical advice to Australians affected by cancer
- Protect 720 children from potentially harmful sun exposure through the SunSmart school program
- Pay for 28 cancer nurses to be available on the phone for an hour to offer expertise and support to those in need
- Provide transport and a night’s stay at a local Cancer Council lodge for nearly 8 people who need to travel for vital cancer treatment
- Provide annual training to support group volunteers so they can offer ongoing emotional and practical support to those impacted by cancer
- Pay for analysis of over 2 gene samples for a research project.