We have an opportunity for a Maintenance person at our care home in Cheltenham. The purpose of the role is to achieve high standards of maintenance and health and safety management for the care home.
Hours and Pay: 40 Hours per week – £22,235.20 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of household maintenance and Health and Safety.
- To maintain high standards of maintenance and health and safety for the environment internally and externally.
- To co-ordinate where appropriate maintenance and health and safety works carried out by external contractors.
- To conduct Audits on the Environment, Health & Safety and the maintenance log, whilst maintaining comprehensive records for Inspection.
- To be responsible for the maintenance budget in accordance with the budgetary requirements.
- To prepare reports for the General Manager as requested, giving details of any incidents, accidents and other relevant facts.
- To undertake other duties that may be reasonably requested by the General Manager in order to continue the smooth running of the Home.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
- Understanding and knowledge of a wide range of traditional building trades
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, Moving & Handling and COSHH
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to supervise, lead and develop staff
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have good time management skills
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Long service recognition – Increased holiday entitlement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Breaks
- Free Parking
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.