We have opportunities at our care home in Manchester for Senior Care Assistants. The main responsibility of the job is to deliver a high standard of care to our residents.
Hours and Pay: 36 hours per week – Day Shifts – £9.36 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
· Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
· To administer prescribed medication to residents following the home’s policy and procedure
· To lead, motivate and support care staff
· To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences
· To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Physiotherapy, Hospitals, etc.
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· Essential – A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent held for a minimum of 1 year
· Desirable – A relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Can demonstrate an empathy and understanding of needs of residents
· Have the ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
- Induction and training provided
- Aged 18-25 – we pay at least National Living Wage rate
- Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
- Enhanced Overtime Rates
- Access to Blue Light Card
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
All offers of employment are subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Important Notice: Recently the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the Regulations) which amended on 22 July 2021 and come into force on 11 November 2021 that anyone directly employed to work in a Care Home or who are required as part of their role to be deployed to a CQC registered care home are required to have had both their COVID vaccinations, unless they are exempt. This is therefore a requirement of this role and will form part of our pre-employment checks.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application below.