An exciting opportunity has come up on our Regional Team based in Nazareth House Manchester, Prestwich, for a Senior Payroll Administrator to be a pivotal part of driving the HR/Payroll department forward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordination of the payroll function from start to finish
· Responsible for the preparation and processing of multiple payrolls circa 900 employees
· Support multiple sites in completion of staff hours where needed to close timesheet periods; help to resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
· Carry out audits on the accuracy of the timesheets when required
· Process new starters, leavers and other periodic changes alongside HR
· Support sites to resolve employee pay queries
· Process payroll adjustment forms
· Statutory payment calculations (currently some of these are manual)
· Produce payslips, P45 and pension letters for distribution
· Complete payroll reports for record keeping purposes and managerial review; post relevant journals onto the organisation’s system
· RTI reporting to HMRC each period
· Update NEST schedules and assist in maintaining the pension scheme
· Maintain and monitor Court Orders and Health Plan Scheme
· Prepare and update annual leave calculations
· Completion of any relevant correspondence for the payroll department
· To be proactively involved in the external audit
· Make payments through the banking system where necessary
· To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Head of HR
What experience do we like you to have for this role?
· Recognised payroll qualification or working towards
· A minimum of 3 years payroll processing experience; especially in multiple site
· It is desirable if you have knowledge of OpenPeople
· An understanding of core processes and legislation related to auto enrolment, P11Ds, NI calculations
· Advanced MS skills, in particular excel and word
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and have a flexible approach
· It would be an advantage if you have previous experience of being involved in a migration of payroll systems
Why come to Nazareth Care Charitable Trust?
· Induction and training provided
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Breaks
· Free Parking
· Location close to Heaton Park Metro station
All post offered are subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your application and CV below.